1.8
Cleanliness
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation

We checked into the Hampton Inn in Jacksonville on Tuesday, May 10 intending to stay through Sunday, May 15 due to a death in the family.

All went well until the day of the funeral, Saturday, May 14. In the middle of the funeral, around 11am, we got a call from Leondra, the desk clerk informing us we needed to check out immediately. Here is the way the conversation went –

Leondra – You need to come in and check out. Your reservation is up.

Me – No it isn’t up. We’re booked through tomorrow.

Leondra – No, you’re not. You’re only booked through today, and we’re completely full up.

Me – Let me talk to the manager.

Leondra – The manager isn’t here.

Me - I can’t get over there right now because I’m at a family member’s funeral.

Leondra – Well, that’s too bad. You need to come over here now and check out now.

Me – Are you sure you can’t let us stay one more day? I know hotels hold back rooms for emergencies.

Leondra – No, we’re totally booked. We can’t extend you.

Me – Did you hear what I said? I’m in the middle of a funeral. F-U-N-E-R-A-L. I can’t get over there now. I can come later. Are you sure you can’t extend us one additional day?

Leondra – No, we can’t. If you don’t leave immediately, we’ll go into your room and move your things out.

Me – Can you help me find another accommodation? (Jacksonville is packed because of a Golf Tournament)

Leondra – Sorry, I can’t do that. You need to check out now.

Me – I’m at a funeral. Funeral, funeral, funeral...Do you understand?

Leondra – Yes, I understand. Have a nice day. Click (that was the phone hanging up)

That’s what she said. “Have a nice day” like an automaton pre-programmed to say “have a nice day,” no matter the circumstances, including guaranteeing we would NOT have a nice day.

So, my husband and I left the funeral, frantically scrambled to find another hotel, which we were fortunate to do considering that Jacksonville was packed and hotel accommodations were hard to find.

We were on the way back to the Hampton Inn when Leondra called back. “I talked to the manager and we’re able to extend you until tomorrow.”

Me – Take your hotel and shove it. I wouldn’t stay there one more day if my life depended on it.

So, everything she had said up until then was a lie. The charming Leondra could have acted like a first class hotelier and offered to help us in the first place. She could taken the pressure off when she learned we were at a funeral. She could have worked it out with us to come in later. But no. So much for guest services or even humane treatment. I’ll never stay in a Hampton Inn again.

vickiG wrote the review because of "rude, uncaring front office staff" at Hampton Inn. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Hampton Inn to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was incredibly rude staff and poor guest services. Author liked the most availability. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Hampton Inn and hampton inn customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Hampton Inn?

Comments