Hampton Inn - PLEASE READ ** THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT CHILDREN **
Below is the letter I wrote to Hampton Inn that did not receive a response. I then called corporate 3 times without getting a call back from the hotel and each time they say they did not have my complaint listed. I sent an e-mail and the manager wrote back to me and was extremely rude. He still has not refunded my $100 from February and I am getting a lawyer at this point.
HERE IS MY STORY:
I am writing this letter to express my shear disappointment and feelings while staying at your hotel. I will start off by saying that the hotel itself is a very nice place to stay and the staff was nice at first, however after what I experienced I am truly disappointed and actually in shock at the lack of empathy for a guest staying in your hotel. When I share this story with others, they all asked me what the hotel did to help and are in complete shock and disbelief when I respond with, “nothing”. Here is what happened, around 6:50PM I went down to the first floor with my son, sister and nephew to go to the vending machine. When we got back to the second floor, I got out of the elevator helping my nephew and my son was trailing a little behind, I turned around and saw the elevator door was closing so I stuck my leg in the door ASSUMING it would bounce back open like most elevator doors do when something is blocking the way, they open back up. THIS WAS NOT THE CASE, WATCH THE SECURITY TAPES. The door did not open back up and my son was trapped in the elevator. My sister ran downstairs to get help from someone at the hotel, the person at the front desk ( I don’t have his name but he has long hair and wears a ponytail) moved very slowly and DID NOT show one drop of concern for the situation. This was a two year old scared and trapped in an elevator and we were trying to get him to rush to help us. Other guests of the hotel were trying to help us get the door opened but it would not budge. My husband asked the hotel worker if there was any way of getting into the elevator or anything that could be done ASAP as my child was in there screaming and scared, the hotel worker said, “ I am not familiar with elevators” I am not expecting him to be however, I am expecting some sort of care or sense of urgency. Finally the police were called and the fire department came and got my son out. It would have been nice to have at least ONE PERSON from the hotel there during the time, making sure everything was ok and that he got out would have been nice. Or at least one drop of acknowledgement from the hotel would have been nice. An apology, ANYTHING because once again, NORMALLY elevator doors open back up when they are blocked from closing. So, on top of ZERO acknowledgment from the hotel to ensure the child had gotten out of the elevator safely, the next morning as I was riding back down the elevator the person working at the desk that morning was also in the elevator on the phone with someone telling them the story of MY SON which was completely inaccurate. Telling whoever was on the phone that the child was riding in the elevator alone pressing buttons and got the elevator stuck. WHICH WAS NOT THE CASE, ONCE AGAIN WATCH THE VIDEO. Little did the hotel worker know that he was standing next to the mother and child that he was talking about. Perhaps if anyone from the hotel acknowledged the incident, they would have had the story straight. I have never in my life experienced anything so unprofessional or disappointing. The main purpose of this letter is to bring awareness to you for if anything like this happens in the future, please at least pretend to feel concerned for the well being of a two year old child. An apology would be nice as I stated not one drop of acknowledgement or empathy was shown towards me or my child. I will be awaiting your response.
More Review Details
|Facilities and Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Staff was ill equipped for emergency
- Incredibly rude staff
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The resort posts very beautiful pictures about its location but in fact it does not have any beach since it is located on a swamp area while it takes..."
- "Public Advisory not for family and children! #####Avoid Value Place Plainfield,IN 46168 Avoid###### Value Place aka Woodspring Suites 6295 gateway blvd. Plainfield,IN 46168 ValuePlace Plainfield Indianapolis and nationwide are all bad places! Value Place..."
- " Has anyone been successful on canceling their membership with Travel Smart VIP? On June 22, 2015, I enrolled in the Bronze 100 Prime Membership contract # 10758 @..."
- "REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD REWARD..."
- "proof is everything.. NANCY TAYLOR IS A DISTURBED INDIVIDUAL WHO IS HIDING BEHIND A SMALL CLEANING BUSINESS .... FROM CONFLICTING STATEMENTS IN HER BUSINESS CHARTER TO FALSE & CONFLICTING STATEMENTS..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."